Hey there everybody! I did a 'day in the life' segment last year, and thought I'd be fun to do it again. So, here goes:
WARNING: This post may contain sarcasm, potty humor, and lots of run on sentences. Read with caution.
4:35 a.m.- Gavin is awake. I pick him up and nurse him. Snuggles and more sleeping occur. Opah!
6:45 a.m.- Justin's alarm clock goes off for the first time. Blegh.
6:50 a.m.-Goes off again.
6:55 a.m.-And again. Justin sprints off to the kitchen to turn it off and his little snuggle buddy wakes up. Dang it! That means Gavin is nursing on me again now.
7:00 a.m.-Destruction of the house begins. Gavin has the diaper cream in his hand, and I grab it from my snoozing stupor before it's all over the carpet.
7:01a.m.- Gavin is emptying my socks and unmentionables drawer. He has figured out how to crawl on top of the diaper box next to it, and get in. Lovely.
7:02-7:14 a.m.- Justin is peacefully snoozing and I am in that half asleep-half awake world to keep an eye on Gavin. He has spread diaper wipes, clothes, socks, and papers all over the floor. Lovely.
7:15 a.m.-I accept the inevitable. I am awake! Ok, now to change Mr. Poopypants.
7:17 a.m.-I start making eggies for G's breakfast.
7:18 a.m.-Gavin has grabbed the pizza box from Tuesday off the counter and it crashes to the ground. Looks like it's cheesy breadsticks for breakfast for me.
7:25 a.m.-He ate 2 eggs all by himself, plus a strawberry and some juice. Big boy!
7:26 a.m.-He is screaming to get out of his high chair. Justin grabs him.
7:30 a.m.-Justin can't find his keys. I find them by the TV.
7:35 a.m.-Justin heads off for work. He is running today. I am proud of him for keeping up with exercising at work and such since we moved here.
7:36 a.m.- Gavin doesn't want Justin to leave. I grab some recycling and we walk to catch up to Justin stretching. Gavin is running barefoot with just a shirt and a diaper on. That's how we roll.
7:38 a.m.- I put away the recycling and Gavin is pushing the button for the elevator. I grab him before he runs away. He is definitely a flight risk!
7:50 a.m.- I convince G to stay put in the bathroom so I can take a shower. I bribed him with shaving cream. Good stuff. I seriously recommend it to anyone with a toddler half as busy as G.
8:00 a.m.- He decides to try tasting the shaving cream. Ok, shower is over.
8:01 a.m.- He poops in the shower. Poop #3! We're going for the record today! (He pooped 7 times on Tuesday)
8:20 a.m.-Can't forget the laundry in the dryer. I need pants. I fold laundry. Gavin folds them his own way. I go through my soon-to-expire coupons and grocery list to go shopping.
8:30 a.m.-I turn on the Disney Pandora station and we dance, until he gets bored and I get him a cheese stick.
8:40 a.m.-I finish the dishes and start the dish washer.
8:50 a.m.-I decide to blow dry my hair. Gavin decides to decorate the bathroom with toilet paper,
bobby pins, and hair ties. Beautiful.
9:10 a.m.- Alright. Ready to go! Scratch that-someone is hungry again. He grabs yogurt out of the fridge.
9:20 a.m.- I catch up on e mails and G is covered in yogurt. Ok, let's change before we go.
9:30-9:37 a.m.- I am writing this post. Gavin is scary quiet.
9:38 a.m.-Snap! He has emptied the garbage on the floor, including the carton of eggs with shells in them. I hope he didn't eat any of them. I clean it up and put the garbage away.
9:41 a.m.-We go back to our apt. I have to convince him to follow me by playing peek-a-boo. Phew! We made it back. I find G like this:
9:52 a.m.-Now I'm hungry. I munch on cereal and a banana and give up on that morning grocery trip. G likes Honey Bunches of Oats, too. Good stuff. There's a ward play group at 10:30. We'll just go straight to that.
10:00-a.m.-G is entertained by the Nexus. Horrible parenting, I know. I needed 5 minutes to breathe.
10:02 a.m.-J has e mailed me back. I usually write, 'lub Jew!' for 'love you'. Autocorrect wrote, 'lube Jew'. Autocorrect:1, Janae:0. Nice. I see if J has sent in the bank statement for the rental application. Crazy stuff right there. We bought a house a year ago (a HUD home, too!), and getting a 2 bedroom condo rental here seems just as difficult. Que interesante.
10:03 a.m.- We are off!
10:20 a..m.-We made it! G goes out to play while I go to chat with the other moms.
11:00 a.m.- Gavin sits on top of a little girl and starts playing with her toys. Um, whoops! Sorry! Trying to explain to a grandma that doesn't really speak English that your giant kid is just a baby is difficult. Should I act out him being only a baby by rocking my arms as if I was holding a baby? No. She'll think I was calling her grandbaby a baby. Um, I'll resort to explaining it by saying, Sorry! Veesh. Poor kid. I have to explain his age a lot to people.
11:50 a.m.-Time to head home for nap time.
12:00 p.m.-I am starving! Carl's Jr. it is. I am so proud of myself for navigating myself there sans GPS or phones. Go me!
12:05 p.m.-Gavin is munching on his fries and I am polishing off my burger. Oh, burgers. How I love them.
12:15 a.m.-Home at last! And it's my favorite part of the day! NAP TIME! YAY! I offer G some milk. He refuses. I change him and put him in his crib . He folds his arms and wants me to pray. We pray. I give him his monkey that he hugs and he is gaining all sorts of adorable points I sing him 'I Am a Child of God' and leave.
12:30 a.m.-He is chatting and making noises from his crib. I start cleaning. Justin wants me to use nap time for 'me time' but I just can't do something if it's messy. Plus, we have visitors coming this weekend. Yayayayaya!
12:50 p.m.- I am typing up this lovely story. G is finally in peaceful slumber.
I am enjoying just relaxing. My sister calls to let us know that they're on their way. I am catching up with a few friends on FB, checking out Pinterest, ya know, the 'usual'.Yay!
3:00 p.m.- He is up and ready to nurse. I love these snuggles!
3:20 p.m.-We start playing and wrestling. Love that kiddo!
4:00 p.m.- I clean and organize while Gavin watches some much needed Tro Tro and Oso.
4:40 p.m.- I call Justin to find out when I need to pick him up from work. Looks like it's gonna be a late night.
5:20 p.m.- Errand time! We go to a bike shop to pump up the tires on the stroller.
5:30 p.m.-We go to UPS to send in my broken phone.
5:40 p.m.- We go to Ralph's to get some groceries.
6:10 p.m.-My coupons aren't working. I help the checker and I saved lots of moola. Man, I love good deals.
6:30 p.m.- We leave and try to pick up J at the designated time. Whoops. We're late. Gavin plays with the toy eggs I got him at the store. I can't wait for Easter and to see Gavin hunting for eggs and having fun!
6:45 p.m.-We meet up with J and it looks like it's gonna be a while.
6:55 p.m.-I hurry and pack up Gavin, the stroller, and the groceries. We get to the apartment and Gavin pulls a baby dinner out of the bag and brings it to me. Poor little guy was hungry and was patiently waiting for some dinner. Awww.
7:00 p.m.- I call my sister to make sure they haven't called already and to see where they're at. They're almost here!
7:05 p.m.-I'm packing up groceries when she calls to say they're here. I pack up Gavin with his dinner in the stroller and we're on the hunt. We can't find her.
7:10 p.m.- I borrow a security guard's phone to call her and navigate her. Apparently they were in the apartment next door. Whoops.
7:15 p.m.-We head back and G is all smiles entertaining his crew.
7:35 p.m.-I tickle G and he bongs his head. Poor little guy. He is so tired but I want him to see Justin before he goes to bed.
7:50 p.m.-J is here! Yay! He plays with Gavin for a bit and then puts him to sleep.
8:10 p.m.-We chat with Amelia and Jonathan (her fiancé).
10:30 p.m.-It's bedtime. J and I finish the dishes and I am typing. Life is crazy, but most of all, it's great being with the ones I love. I sure love my boys and I am so happy to have them in it!
Much love, Janae :)








No comments:
Post a Comment