It's 9 p.m., and not a creature is stirring, not even a Hixson boy looking for a snack!
What ever shall I do?
Clean, organize, and blog...finally. :)
Life has been pretty busy. Here's what's up with us:
Gavin is growing and developing soooooooooo fast! He is WALKING! He also nods and shakes his head, rocks out to music, can book it up the stairs in 10 seconds flat, and is a very busy and happy boy. Love him!
Justin is still doing great at his job as always. He went on a camp out with the Young Men last week, and they went to Shoosmith's. They had an awesome time. I'm glad he gets some 'time with the dudes', even if we miss him the whole time. Oh yeah-that reminds me that he is going on a kayaking trip tomorrow. Rough life, eh?
I will be teaching this fall. Woot, woot. I will be teaching Spanish 3 days a week (Wed.-Fri.), and at a different elementary school each day. That will be interesting for sure.
As summer is winding down, it's fun to look back at some of our adventures this summer. This summer, we:
-Went to VA Beach and got to hangout with Noel and Jeyza who came all the way from Washington-state that is. :)
-Went up to Philly and hung out with the Durans. We checked out the Please Touch Museum and Sesame Place. Gavin had more fun than you can imagine. Seriously. He was like in heaven.
-Went to Buckroe Beach as a family and discovered Smitty's. Good stuff. Look them up. Seriously. Good Americana, greasy, cheap food. It's what Americans are all about. Yum,. :)
-Baby G and I went to Washington to visit my family. We miss everybody. It was a blast.
We had a pretty busy and awesome summer, so bring on the hot cocoa, crunchy leaves, soccer season, apple orchards, Halloween, candy, and goblins!
Love, The Hixsons :)
No comments:
Post a Comment