Background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

J's first and hopefully final hospital experience

So, we had some fun lately...

J woke up last Monday and he couldn't move his legs. With much effort, and with me helping him, he was able to get out of bed, and walk around, although, it was very rough.

We interrupt this message, as Baby G feels it is important to relay his message as follows:

  BER  GF FQazabbbbbbbbbbgb bbbnghb

I believe that means, "I love you!"

 I think I have a future programmer on my hands. Seriously. He can find things on my tablet that I can't. Well, that doesn't say much by itself, but he's a Hixson. Need I say more?

  vbn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmn l.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,m,m,m,m,m,m-;'[[[[0-[ppppppppp

So, it was quite strange, and we set up an appt. with the doctor. The doctor did a thorough physical exam, and told us that he didn't have the resources to do a full spectrum of tests (blood tests, spinal tap, etc.). He called and checked with the neurologist and they decided it was best to send him to the ER.

We went to the ER and they did tons of tests on him. Poor guy. He didn't get to eat through the whole process either. The G and I just hung out and kept him company. They did blood and urine tests, culture test, and a spinal tap. The only oddity they found was a high level of myoglobin and creatinase, which are related to muscles. They decided to keep him overnight and give him fluids through an IV. My awesome friend, Cortney watched the G overnight, and I stayed with J at the hospital. We even got some carnitas from the hospital café that tasted just like Chipotle (and they were much cheaper to boot!).I think J really just wanted a date.:)

They discharged him the next day and told him he needed to exercise more, as we had gone walking for a while on Saturday. Crazy, right? They said our walk had shocked his body, and that his lack of hydration made this even worse. We're glad it wasn't something serious. Thanks for all the love and prayers everyone.

Love, the Happy Hixsons:)

No comments:

Post a Comment