This is my third year of doing "A Day in the Life" segment, and I think it's really fun to look back and see how things change. So, here is Pi Day 2015.....
9:00 a.m.- Gavin starts calling for, "Mommy!' I'm so grateful he slept in, as we got back from Disneyland last night around 11 p.m. I know, parents of the year, amirite?
9:02 a.m.- I give Gavin a sippy cup of warm milk (35 seconds to bliss :))
9:05 a.m.- I jump into the shower so we can get ready to meet some friends at the Science Discovery Center. Gavin is lured in by shaving cream and he gets washed, too.
9:15 a.m.- Rubes is hungry. I feed and snuggle her in the bed.
9:16-9:49 a.m.- Mad rush to get everyone clean, dressed, and ready.
9:50 a.m.- Kids are in the car, snack/activity/diaper bag is packed, and we're off to the Center!
9:52 a.m.- And Justin forgot his I.D. Headed back home.
9:55 a.m.- Back on the road again......
9:56 a.m.- Justin tells me we can listen to any type of music I want. I warn him it'll be country. G begs for "Call Me Maybe" (He calls it 'Baby'). Bring on Brad, Dierks, and Josh!
10:06 a.m.- Traffic. Lame. Country playlist gets turned up.
10:30 a.m.- We finally make it!
10:37 a.m.- We're at the door. Justin forgot to bring his I.D. from the car. They let us in anyways. Phew.
10:45 a.m.- We run into Justin's co worker and his family. Then, we see our friends, the Fultons, who we had planned to meet up with. We start chatting with them and we lose Gavin. Whoops!
10:47 a.m.- I find him by a ping pong spiral table (I have no idea what to call it....a sciency table thingamabob?). Phew!
10:49 a.m.- I convince him to stay with his friend, Alice. That lasts all of 40 seconds before they're both running in opposite directions.
10:50- 11:10 a.m.- Having fun exploring, climbing on, and touching everything.
11:25 a.m.- I ask an employee if there's a nursing room. I wish I could replicate the face he made. Hilarious......
11:30 a.m.- We mosey on over to the Taco Bell so I can nurse and we can eat.
11:33 a.m.- Justin brings me a Crunchwrap. I say I'll eat a bite or two. Justin knows it'll be gone in a few minutes. My husband knows me too well. I suck at eating these days. I forget to eat until the afternoon, as I'm busy with the kiddos. When he's home, I eat so much better. He takes good care of me. I'm one lucky gal.
11:35 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.- We sit and eat with our friends and have a good time. Justin appreciates getting to talk all things nerdy with our new friend, Michael.'
12:30 p.m.- We head home.
1:15 p.m.- Justin puts Gavin down for quiet time and I start mixing ingredients for homemade ice cream for our Pi Day party.
1:30 p.m.- The ice cream maker is going, and I start making a cherry/apple pie.
1:40 p.m.-Pie's in the oven. I clean, organize, do dishes, vacuum, etc., etc.
2:15 p.m.- The ice cream maker is done. I put the ice cream in the freezer. Justin and I snag samples. D.Lish.
2:30 p.m. -Release the Kracken! We let Gavin out of quiet time.
2:35 p.m- Feed Ruby.
2:35 p.m.- 3:45 p.m.- Cleaning, feeding children, ya know...mom stuff.
3:55 p.m.- Rebekah arrives and helps me put the finishing touches on our key lime and peanut butter pies.
4: 10 p.m.-The Flynns, Fultons, and Petersons arrive. Our Pi(e) Day Party begins! Woot, woot!
4:20 p.m.- The kiddos play, we all eat some pie and ice cream, and have a good time.
4:40 p.m.- I feed Rubes.
5:00 p.m.- Justin gets out the PS4 and all the guys play Ultimate Tetris together. Good times.
5:00 p.m.- 5:45 p.m.- Party, party, pie, party, party, pie, party, party, pie, party. :)
6:00 p.m.- We get ready for Mormon Formal. We're chaperoning tonight. Yay!
6:30 p.m.- We make ourselves presentable for our hot date. :)
6:45 p.m.- Rubes is hungry. I feed her.
6:55 p.m.- We're headed out the door to drop the kids off at the sitter's. We're late. Dang it.
7:10 p.m.- We drop the kids off at Leuyeni's. Love her. We give her the low down.
7: 40 p.m.- We made it! Only 10 minutes late, but we made it, Brad gives us a tour of The Bell Tower. Nice place.
7:50 p.m.- The youth start showing up. I snag a piece of cheese from the snack table. I'm hungry! Justin goes to grab us some dinner, as we haven't ate since Taco Bell.
8:00 p.m.- Our friend, Sherry (Love her!) arrives to help chaperone. We chat and keep stray adults from coming in to the dance. Really? What 40 year old adult wants to go to a teen party?!?! Weird.
8:15 p.m. -Justin is back with pizza, wings, and cheesy breadsticks. My hubby rocks. Sherry, Justin and I chow down.
8:20 p.m.- Leslie comes by with an 8 minute warning that we'll be changing stations to be on the dance floor.
8:28 p.m. -The chow down is over. We head to the dance and watch the silly kids dance. It seems like yesterday that we were youth.
9:15 p.m. - We dance and take advantage of our 'date night'.
9:30 p.m.- And the mosh pitting begins. Justin sees it before any of us can (because he's vertically blessed), and steps in to calm the raging hormones and testosterone. :)
9:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.- On-call mosh pitting duty. Justin is a STUD.
10:30 p.m.- We get some dancing in. A youth asks him if he's a chaperone. Justin responds in the affirmative, and pulls me over to prove it. Then, I tell them that we have 2 kids. They were pretty surprised to say the least.
10:33 p.m. -The D.J. asks me if we're having a closing prayer. I ask Leslie, and she asks another higher up. Positivo. I ask Kelsey to say the closing prayer and let the D.J. know.
10:45 p.m.- The closing prayer is said and it's last dance time.
10:48 p.m.- We dance and sing along. It turned out to be a fun date for sure. :)
10:50 p.m.- Justin checks in with his mosh pitting buddies to make sure there are no hard feelings. We cool. We're on our way to get our kiddos.
11:25 p.m.- Justin grabs cash from the ATM to pay the sitter while I fill the car with gas. Teamwork.
11:35 p.m.- Gavin is STILL AWAKE. SERIOUSLY?1?! Our son is nuts. He can go an entire day without sleeeping. Rubes is starving. We pack up and head home so I can feed her.
11:43 p.m.- I feed Ruby while Justin puts Gavin to bed. G is asking, "Bottle, Peep?" (sippy cup of warm milk and the cartoon Peep and the Big Wide World. Probably my favorite kid;s show since becoming a mom. Classic.) Crazy kid.
11:50 p.m.- I crawl into the bed exhausted. We snuggle and I knock out. Justin was talking I believe. I could have even fallen asleep while he was mid-sentence. My bad. Love you, babe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment